Before the Interview
- Dress Code: First impressions at an interview are very important,. We recommend you wear a business suit or other appropriate business attire, even during a Video Interview. You cannot be overdressed for an interview.
- Research: Companies will expect that you have researched their business. Please ensure you have visited their website and looked up the people you are meeting with. It is perfectly fine to take a notebook with a list of questions as companies like to see candidates who are well prepared, organised and have taken the time to do research. It also shows you are serious about their job!
- Arrival Time: Please don’t be late to the interview! On the converse, being too early can leave the interviewer feeling rushed and under prepared. We recommend that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- Video Interview: If you have been invited to attend a Video Interview, it is still very important that you treat it the same way you would a face to face interview. Well before your interview time, test your technology and make sure everything is working correctly and that your device is charged and ready to go. We also highly recommend that you do a practice run. Make sure you can see from your chest upwards, and that the lighting is good. It is so important that the interviewer can see you clearly. Choose a location that is free from all distractions, with a neat and tidy background.
During the Interview
Feeling nervous? It’s natural to feel nervous during an interview. In fact, many of our clients tell us they get nervous before interviews too!
Our best piece of advice is to tell the interviewer you are feeling nervous… Most of the time the interviewer will take the opportunity to put you at ease, which will help to take the edge off your nerves.
To open the interview, clients will often ask a version of the following questions.
- Tell me about yourself?
- What do you know about our company?
Common interview questions that clients may also ask, could include:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses or development areas?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
As your recruitment consultants it’s our job to help you prepare. If you feel you need support or assistance to prepare for an interview please call us.